Gone are the days where you have to spend all your time at work seated at a desk. The modern workplace has brought rise to standing-desk, addons that change how we get things done. There are a ton of benefits for a standing desk, including promoting your overall health, saving you from a stiff body and aches and pains after a long day. In this article, we are going to look at a brief buying guide on things to consider when getting a standing desk and also our top five recommendations of the same.
Let’s look at the two aspects to consider when getting a standup desk. We used it to help guide our recommendations for a standup desk.
Getting the right desk for your height
Bodies come in different sizes, lengths, and heights, and it’s no wonder there isn’t a one size fits all stand up desk design. Before you make your order, use available online resources to determine which desk height suits you best. For a six-feed tall person, the recommended standing desk height is 46.4 inches, with a seating height of 29 inches. With that in mind, you want to get a standing table that accommodates this range of heights. If you’re shorter, then you want something that suits your size.
Adjustable Standing desk height
The good thing is a lot of the tables in the market have multiple settings, some with even eleven adjustable settings. You can’t go wrong with such a design as it allows you to get just the right setting for you. If you’re collaborating with someone else, they are also able to make adjustments that suit them so that they, too, can work comfortably.
Nowadays, it is normal for people to use more than one screen when working. If that’s the case with you, you want to get a desktop that is large enough to hold two monitors or a monitor and a laptop. It also helps to get a two-tiered deck with a removable bottom tier that fits the keyboard. You won’t always need the keyboard to it’s nice that you can move it out of the way until you need it. In general, you want to get a standing desk that allows you to do a range of functions, including writing when you have to.
Our top five picks for standing desks
Now that we have the basics sorted let’s look at our top five picks for standing desks that are suitable for a person that is six feet tall.
Adjusting this standing chair is relatively easy. You get straight up and down movement from this space-saving workstation. It can rise and fold vertically, all within its footprint. When using it, you don’t have to make spatial accommodation as compared to other products. Another thing that makes this adjustable standing desk worth considering is how smooth and easy it is to make adjustments. FlexiSpot has a single-handle design that allows you to make adjustments safely. That means you don’t need both hands or using force to get it to meet your height requirements.
Apart from the easy adjustments, you’ll immediately notice that this standing desk ahs quite a spacious work surface. You can easily accommodate a computer monitor, a laptop, and other odds and ends that you need while working. There’s also the quick release keyboard tray that you can put a full-sized keyboard too. It’s also large enough to hold a mouse pad and a mouse. If you don’t need to use the keyboard, you can also remove the tray to give you more room.
Overall, this standing desk from FlexiSpot is ideal for every height. The ergonomic design lets anyone between 5’1” and 6’1” to enjoy the full use of the standing desk. There is a total of 12 different height levels that allow you to use the desk either while seated or standing. You can choose whichever you want at any given time for comfortable work experience. Do note that other models are ranging from 27” to 47”.
One other thing to note about this ClassicRider Series is that it’s been certified by the American Chiropractic Association. You’re assured that when you’re using it, your neck, shoulders, back, and wrist are protected as you use the desk. There’s a five-year warranty on the frame and the MDF desktop while there’s a three-year warranty on the gas spring system and the other mechanisms involved.
- Straight Up & Down Movement - Our space-saving workstation rises and folds vertically, within its own footprint. There's no need to make the spatial accommodations that may be required with comparable products.
- Smooth & Easy Adjustments - Our single-handle design makes it super easy to safely adjust the height of the desk. You never need to use two hands or extra force like with some other brands.
- Spacious Work Surface - With our groove-free, extra-deep desktop, you will have plenty of space to accommodate a laptop, computer monitor, paperwork and more.
- Quick-Release Keyboard Tray - Our full-sized keyboard tray features a deeper work surface to fit a larger keyboard, mouse, and mousepad as well as a unique quick-release design so you can quickly and easily remove it when you're performing tasks that don't require a keyboard and mouse.
- Ergonomic Benefits for Every Height - Whether you're 5'1" or 6'1", you can comfortably shift from sitting to standing with 12 different height levels.
Here we have another standing desk that provides you muscle relief, reducing tension and stress, allowing you to increase productivity. You can use it throughout the day, and you don’t have to be on a chair that will bring you discomfort. The desk is spacious and has a width of 36 inches. You can have a dual monitor or laptop steps ups, making great for those who are productivity requires having two active screens. There is also space to put other items that you need to make your workspace practical. There’s even a device slot with extra space to put your cellphone and office supplies.
There is also a keyboard tray that rises in perfect synch with the top surface. The result is a comfortable workstation. In general, transitioning from sitting so standing is seamless, you can do that in one swift motion. That’s thanks to the dual gas spring force. You can adjust the desk to what you’re comfortable with simply by using the innovative, simple touch height locking mechanism.
The adjustment range is from 6.5 inches to 17 inches, so you can lock into a height that is comfortable for you. You can achieve the various adjustments easily using the pneumatic spring lift. To do that, you only have to squeeze the handle, and you transition smoothly. If you don’t need it, you can remove the keyboard tray too. Even with that, you can move from standing to sitting throughout the day so that you can keep blood circulating and also reducing any aches and pains.
There is minimal assemble when it comes to this Vivo standup desk. When you get it right out of the box, it’s almost ready for use. You can place it on a desk that you have, attach the feet and keyboard, and get started on creating your ideal workspace. The company also gives you a three-year manufacturer warranty on the steel riser.
- CREATE INSTANT ACTIVE STANDING - VIVO’s desk riser provides on-demand standing throughout the day for the freedom to get out of your chair and relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, and increase productivity.
- SPACIOUS 36" SURFACE - The 36” x 22” desktop provides room for single and dual monitor/laptop setups. The 25" x 10.5" keyboard tray raises in sync with the top surface to create a comfortable workstation.
- STRONG 33 LBS LIFT ASSIST - Go from sitting to standing in one smooth motion with dual gas spring force. Adjust to your proper comfort level by using the innovative simple touch height locking mechanism (Adjustment Range: 6.5” to 17”).
- VERY MINIMAL ASSEMBLY - This riser is almost ready to go right out of the box! Place on your existing desk, attach the keyboard & feet, and start organizing your workstation.
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED - Our steel riser design is backed with a 3-year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.
This adjustable standing desk is different from others in the presence of quiet dial motors. You can take the desk as high up as 51.4 inches and as low as 25.6 inches with the desk moving at a rate of 1.5 inches per second. With such a system, you can get the perfect height for you throughout the day, whether you’re seated or standing. The height controller has a blue LED display and features four memory settings. This feature adds functionality to the desk and also makes for a high-end workspace.
The top of the desk is made from a single sturdy piece. You can either work or write, knowing that you’re using a stable surface. There’s also an ergonomic curve that makes the desk both accessible and professional. You can use it in a commercial space and also other institutional environments. The Seville workspace is tested and found compliant with ANSI/BIFMA (The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association) ×5.5 safety standard. When it comes to safety, durability, and performance, this standing desk also means the ETL certification and CARB Phase two.
The warranty on this standing desk is also quite impressive; you get a limited seven-year manufacturer’s coverage. You’re covered in the case there are non-electronic defects and two years of coverage in case there are any electronic defects too. With that in mind, you don’t have to be working in an office to purchase this standing desk. Even freelancers and remote workers need a workspace that suits their needs even when working from home. Throughout the day, there’s also the option of making necessary adjustments, all with the press of a button. Remember, you can save your idea height that you can recall instantly with the press of a button.
Assembly doesn’t take long when you get the product from the desk. There are tools provided that you use to install the feet, frame, controller, and the top to get started. You’ll also find that there’s an adjustable screw-in leveling foot. You can get the top in five different colors to suit your taste and needs. Something else you’ll notice about the legs is that it’s able to move up and down thanks to its three-section telescopic legs. That aspect makes the desk ideal for people taller than six feet.
- QUIET DUAL MOTORS - Rise higher and go lower with the AIRLIFT S3! Elevate to 51. 4 inches high and descend as low as 25. 6 inches at a quick and quiet 1. 5 inches per second.
- 54" x 28" SOLID SINGLE-PIECE TOP - Solid, single-piece, wood top for a smooth work surface. CARB Phase 2 complaint for safe use in homes and businesses. Pre-installed anchors make installation easy!
- LED DISPLAY HEIGHT CONTROLLER - Features 4 memory settings and blue LED height display for easy, consistent adjustment throughout the day. Add functionality and high-end style to your workspace.
- HIGH-END PROFESSIONAL GRADE DESIGN - Desk is tested compliant to the ANSI/BIFMA x5. 5 safety standard, ETL certified and CARB Phase 2 compliant for superior safety, durability and performance in commercial office and institutional environments.Beveled Edges
- LIMITED 7-YEAR MANUFACTURER'S COVERAGE - Seville Classics AIRLIFT S3 electric standing desks feature 7-years of coverage against non-electronic defects and 2-years of coverage against electronic defects for the duration of the coverage period.
With this standing desk, you get two spacious tiers, making it quite a spacious workspace. With the top tier, you can put two monitors, a laptop, a notebook, and then put your keyboard, mouse, calculator, and the like on the bottom tier. The VariDesk uses a special rowing-lift raising mechanism for ergonomic movement. It uses an up-and-back movement that lets you use the power from your lower half meaning you always maintain a strong, healthy, and proper posture.
The construction itself is made from a heavy, weighted base along with high-quality materials. What that means is you always have a sturdy and stable workspace to use. There is a total of eleven height settings to reach 17.5 inches off the desk. You can adjust using their patented spring-loaded lift mechanism. It’s been tested, and you’re assured its safe to use. There’s the aspect of the dual-handle lift and the foam wrapped steel mechanism which protects it from pinch points.
You can fit two monitors on the top tier, and there’s also the option of using a laptop on the bottom tier. Whatever you choose, you’re assured that you can comfortably make the adjustments that you need to get you working at the right height throughout the day. There are different width VariDesk standing desks that you can get; some can fit one monitor and the other two, all with varying widths.
The VariDesk comes ready constructed; you just have to remove it from the box, put it on your desk, and get working. In terms of the desk itself, it has a thicker gauge steel and also a 3D laminated finish. The company gives you a 30-day risk-free guaranteed, and also a five-year limited warranty if you choose to keep the desk. It’s worth noting that Vari considers themselves a world leader in sit-stand desk solutions.
- 2 SPACIOUS TIERS: Offers a large workspace with an upper tier (36” x 12.25”) for up to 2 monitors, a laptop, and a notebook and a lower tier for a standard keyboard, mouse, and a calculator or papers!
- ERGONOMIC MOVEMENT: Our special rowing-lift raising mechanism with its up-and-back movement allows you to use the power from your lower half – leaving your back in a neutral state/healthy posture/straight and strong.
- QUALITY: Built with a heavy, weighted base and high-quality materials so it remains sturdy and stable at any of its 11 height settings. The patented, spring-loaded lift was designed and tested for your safety and ease.
- SIMPLE: This desk was created to pop out of the box and onto your work surface. You’ll be up and working more productively in no time.
- TRUSTWORTHY: When you buy through Vari, you get our 30-day risk-free guarantee – which means you can be sure you’ll love your desk. And don’t forget our fantastic 5-year limited warranty!
To finish off our list of adjustable standing desks suitable for people how are more than six feet tall is the TechOrbits standing desk. It is spacious enough to handle two monitors, a laptop, and even speakers to create the perfect work environment. It has a versatile design in that it features gas springs that elevate the workstation to up to 20 inches. With that height, it is ideal for people who are between five feet and 6.4 feet tall.
There’s also a sliding keyboard tray that lets you work with maximum comfort on your keyboard. The desk is indeed strong enough to handle what you need to have a productive workday. The TechOrbits standing desk does have cord organization, and you can also remove the second level keyboard tray when you’re not using it for more freedom to work. You can fit two monitors on the large desk surface area.
This standing desk also comes with a pre-set grommet hole so that you can conveniently mount the screen. The surface also has non-skid silicon pads that protect the desk you’re using from getting scratches. You’re also assured that the standing desk will not slide as you’re using it. All the design aspects come together to create an ergonomic upgrade for any modern workspace, whether at home or the office. You, of course, have the freedom to adjust the standing desk to suit your needs when standing or sitting. You get a lifetime warranty when you purchase this TechOrbits desk.
- CONVERTIBLE DESK: TechOrbits Rise-X Pro sit to stand desk risers improve your comfort and posture
- EASILY ADJUSTS: Squeeze the stands handles and gas springs will raise the desk platform up to 20". Perfect for height ranges between 5' to 6'.4
- FAST INSTALL: Our ergonomic standup desk lift sits on any flat tabletop and offers cord organization and a removable 2nd level keyboard tray.
- LARGE WORK AREA: Ideal for a home / office, there's room for a laptop, keyboard, 2 monitors and more
- STURDY With A LIFETIME WARRANTY: Converters can hold 35 lbs and use non-slip silicone pads to protect the desk top and comes with a free lifetime warranty.