If you are living alone or have a small kitchen then it does not make sense to purchase a full sized blender. Single serve blenders enable you to make your favorite smoothie without worrying too much about storage space. You can quickly make your favorite cup of frappuccino or shake and you are good to go.
One of the biggest benefits of having a single serve blender is that it eliminates the need to blend in a big container then pour the ingredients into smaller containers. You can use your cup for blending and once done attach a lid and you are on your way. This eliminates the need for many cleaning utensils. The single serve blenders cup act as hybrids. Due to their lower maintenance costs this blenders are ideal for single people.
If you are lost in a host of blender options and do not know which to go for, do not worry as we have done the research for you. We have examined some of the best single serve blenders in the market based on various factors like power, jar capacity, power settings among others.
What are the key differences between the single serve blenders?
Container size (oz.)
Check on Amazon
18 and 24 oz.
32, 16, 8
40 & 20
The Ninja pro is compact, lightweight single serve blender with a powerful 900 watts motor. This enables it to work its way through frozen foods, vegetables, and fruits with ease. The blender comes with single speed button and you can manually pulse so that you can crush hard ingredients like seeds, ice, stems and frozen foods.
The Ninja pro comes with a set of 18 and 24 ounce containers with lids; this makes them ideal for those traveling. All the parts used are BPA free and dishwasher safe. You also get a 75 recipe booklet with each purchase. The blender comes with a lifetime warranty that excludes the blending cups.
- Lightweight and compact in size
- Two blend size cups
- Powerful motor for crushing ice
- Easy to clean and operate
- Available in only one speed.
- 900 watts of professional power breaks down fruits and vegetables for nutritious juices and smoothies
- The Nutri Ninja: Pro provides you with powerful nutrient & vitamin extraction performance to extract hidden nutrition from whole fruits and veggies
- Twist on the spout lids and take your drinks with you for easy on the go sipping
- Manually pulse to easily crush ice, seeds, skins, stems and frozen ingredients for a smooth, even consistency
- All parts are BPA free and dishwasher safe
The Bella is available as a 15 piece set that enables you to do almost anything with the blender. It is operated by a 700 watt motor that cuts into nuts, ice and other frozen foods.
This multi-purpose blender comes with two blades – cross and flat. You can use the flat blade for general blending purposes while the cross blade comes in handy during grinding and chopping.
The Bella is highly versatile, you have four cups and five lids. When you want to blend something, place all your ingredients into the cup and put onto the blender.
Once done, close your cup with the lid and you can carry along your smoothie to the office. This model can handle even the toughest of ingredients like nuts, coffee beans and spices. The cups are easy to clean and come in handy when you have a guest.
- Five blending cups
- Highly versatile blender capable of handling a variety of ingredients
- Two blades – cross and flat
- High performance motor
- Can be noisy during operation.
- 15-PIECE BLENDING SET: This blending set has a 700 watt power base with a stainless steel blending blade that can emulsify & liquify whole fruits & even leafy greens, plus a grinding blade that allows you to pulverize dry foods and spices.
- SIMPLE & VERSATILE: The Rocket Extract PRO comes with 5 blending tumblers that attach directly to the blades so you can enjoy a smoothie right from the cup you use to prepare it with minimal cleanup. Or you can use it to grind nuts, spices or coffee beans
- BLENDERS FOR EVERY PURPOSE: Fancy a smoothie? Or how about guacamole? Simplify kitchen prep and make healthy, delicious food & drinks with our full line of durable & versatile blenders, from the personal size Rocket Blender to the Hand Immersion Blender
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle irons, toasters, coffee makers, electric kettles, slow cookers, espresso machines, griddles & juicers.
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic life, including small kitchen appliances, cookware & housewares.
Hamilton is a brand known for high quality products. The Hamilton is highly portable hence making it ideal for those planning on making smoothies on the go. Power is through a 175 watt motor that supplies enough power to the stainless steel blades. This enables them cut through frozen fruits. The jars come in a multitude of colors.
Operation of the Hamilton blender is through a one-touch button. This also means the blender is one speed. Besides, measuring 1.8 pounds the Hamilton beach blender comes in sleek design. The cups are made from BPA free parts and come with travel lids. They are also dishwasher safe hence making cleaning them a breeze. The Hamilton is a great blender for those traveling but comes with the downside of having fragile blades.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry
- Comes in a multitude of colors
- Dishwasher safe cups
- One touch operation
- Can’t handle hot liquids.
- Compact design and BPA free: Great for home, office and travel with on the go portability
- Blend and go: Blend and drink from the 14 ounce jar and lid which are both dishwasher safe
- One touch blending: Makes great smoothies, shakes, baby formula, marinades, salad dressing and more
- Stainless steel blades: Ice crushing power for smooth results
- Efficient 175 watt motor provides all the power you need for fast, reliable performance
This is unit comes as an upgrade to the previous model. Its optimized 900 watt motor is powerful and fast enough to grind and crush seeds, nuts, frozen fruits, and kales. The motor supports powerful stainless steel blades that are capable of breaking tough ingredients through an innovative cyclonic action process.
The NutriBullet comes in a variety of colors and weighs just 5.5 pounds. Included in the package are two high capacity 32 ounce cups, healthy recipe book and flip-flop lids. All the cups are dishwasher safe and made from BPA free materials. The unit comes with a one-year warranty.
- Attractive premium design
- Powerful stainless steel blades and motor
- High capacity travel cups
- Easy to clean
- The cups are susceptible to leaks.
- With 900 watts of power, the Pro is faster and stronger than the original, but just as simple to use. Load it up with dense whole foods like nuts, seeds, hard fruits, and kale, then push, twist and blend your way to a healthier lifestyle.
- Optimized 900-watt motor and refined nutrient extraction blades blend The toughest whole foods into nutritious shakes, smoothies, and nut butters.
- Included: (1) 900W motor base, (1) Extractor blade, (2) 32 oz. Cup, (2) to-go lid, (2) lip ring, (2) lip ring with handle and recipe book
- Powerful stainless steel Extractor blades use Cyclonic action to break down tough ingredients. High-performance, BPA-free plastic cups are long lasting and Durable.
- Hassle-free cleaning - simply twist off the blade, rinse with soap and water, and put the cups in the top rack of the dishwasher. This item comes with a 1 year Limited.
Performance to the Cuisinart is through a 350 watt motor that does an amazing job of cutting through frozen fruits, fruits and vegetables. The blender comes with four large Tritan travel cups, chopping cup, blender jar which are all dishwasher safe and shatter resistant.
The main blender cup weighs 32 ounce and comes with measuring lines, an easy to use grip and an opening at the top for topping up more liquid. You can use the 16 ounce cups directly on the blender then cover it during travel. For your dressing and marinades your get an 8-ounce blending cup.
The Cuisinart comes in sleek design that easily complements your kitchen design. While the unit is not loaded with features, it does allow one to vary their speeds. The blender also comes with a free recipe book.
- Sleek black and silver design
- Standby mode, safety interlock features
- High, low pulse controls
- Scratch resistant cups
- Limited features
- Powerful 350-watt motor with a sleek electronic touchpad and LED indicator lights
- Standby Mode; Safety interlock and Auto Stop features
- High, low and pulse controls with a patented ultra sharp stainless steel blade
While most of the Vitamix S-series blenders in the market are meant for heavy duty blending this model is an exception. It comes with a large 40 ounce container for use when you have guests coming over and a 20 ounce container that you can use for your personal servings.
The blender comes with a powerful 790 watts motor that does an amazing job cutting through hard ice, nuts and frozen fruits. Operation of the S55 is through four programmed settings, and you have a variable speed control. With this feature you are capable of determining the texture of your smoothies while helping you handle a variety of dishes like frozen desserts, sauces, soups, baby food. You can blend large quantities on the 40 ounce container then pour into small cups.
The blades on this blender are made from stainless steel and this makes them both durable and strong. The 20 ounce containers are BPA free, double wall insulated and they do fit in most of cup holders. The containers come with spill proof vented lids that allow you to add ingredients. Included is a special Vitamix personal blending recipe cookbook.
- Comes with four pre-programmed settings
- Powerful 790watts motor
- Stainless steel laser cut blades
- Cup containers have spill proof vented lid
- Is bulky for kitchen storage
- Four pre-programmed settings - smoothies, dips & spreads, frozen desserts and power blends (for hearty greens and low liquid recipes) are specially formatted to deliver optimal processing times
- 20-ounce container is BPA-free, double wall insulated and Fits in most cup holders to quickly blend and go, plus 40-ounce container is BPA-free and blends Thick, hot, and frozen mixtures with ease
- Variable speed control achieves every texture from coarse to smooth, plus pulse feature chops quickly for easy ingredient prep
- "Personal blending" cookbook includes recipes for every meal from the Vitamix kitchen & the tamper has a collar to prevent it from hitting the blades
- Spill-proof vented lid with removable lid plug allows ingredients to be added while blending. Electrical Ratings: 120 V, 50/60 Hz, 7 Amps
Factors to consider when purchasing the best single-serve blender for frozen fruit
Single serve blenders are ideal for those people who do not have space for the large blender or those that need to whip a quick shake on their way to work and do not have the time for all that hassle of making a shake in one container then pouring ingredients onto another.
The single serve containers are compact and lightweight in design. The market is full of such products and choosing the right blender can be a challenge.
When you are dealing with frozen fruit one of the things you have to be on the lookout for is power. While normal fruits are soft the frozen ones are hard. For the single serve blender it is okay to go with a blender producing 300w of power but for harder ingredients look for one with a motor of 900watts and above.
Single serve blenders can either be battery powered or electric. Since they are designed for enhanced portability the battery powered ones are ideal for camping or traveling. Ensure you fully recharge your batteries before leaving the house. Some come with USB cables which enables you charge them on your car or laptop. However, most of the blenders are electricity powered.
Most of the single serve blenders are easy to operate and mostly come with only button for operation. They are also single speed. If you plan on using your blender for a variety of functions then it is prudent you identify one that comes with both high and low speeds, a dedicated crush ice button or a pulse feature.
Additional features you should be on the lookout for include anti-lock feature for accidentally turning on the blender or overheating protection – in this instance the blender automatically shuts its power off when it starts overheating, power resumes when it has cooled down.
Weight and capacity
One of the key benefits of single-serve blenders is that they are compact in design. This makes them lightweight and easy to store in your kitchen cabinet.
They make for a great travel companions, Most of the single-serve blenders will come with their own 20 ounce or less cups. All you have to do is fill them with your ingredients and directly place them into the blender.
This technique eliminates the need to blend in larger container and then pouring the ingredients in smaller cups. The cups will come with lids for easy travel.
Price and warranty
Most of the single serve blenders cost less than $100. However, you have to be careful not to compromise on durability and functionality just to get a good price. Plan to spend a few dollars extra just to get the right blender for you. Most of the blenders in the market will come with a decent one-year warranty. Some will come with a lifetime guarantee. Ensure you have factored any shipping charges in the purchase price.
Since you are not going to be using your blender constantly it is prudent that you identify one that is durable enough. The blades should be made of stainless steel while the plastic should be made of a shatter resistant material like Tritan. Glass is also a good option but is susceptible to breakages.
Dishwasher safe parts
Single serve blenders come with the benefit of having less parts hence making your cleaning easier. If you are too busy to clean dishes and have a dishwasher it is prudent that you identify blenders that are dishwasher safe or self-cleaning.
In the later, all you need to do to clean your blender is pour in a considerable amount of soapy water into it then turn a button and your blender will be clean in less than a minute. Also, identify one that is BPA safe.
Remember not to submerge the whole blender into the water. The motor will break if exposed to water. Once you have cleaned the pitcher you can wipe the rest of the blender with a cloth. Since most single-server blenders are one touch it maybe hard finding one that is self-cleaning.
Having a single-serve blender for your frozen fruits is the way to go if you are living alone or travel a lot. In this review, we have winner for best single-serve blender for frozen fruit in the Ninja Nutri Pro BL456. This blender comes with a high capacity motor capable of producing 900 watts. This is enough power to cut into your frozen fruits and even nuts. The blender is compact in design and lightweight. It also comes with two containers – 18 and 24 ounce.