Wooden furniture usually loses its luster after some time if it’s not polished. To make your dining or kitchen table look gleam, you should use the best furniture wax for kitchen table to remove all the dirt, fingerprints, and to leave it with a glossy finish.
There are many products in the market you can use to protect and finish your wooden surfaces. Wood wax is one of the best choices to accomplish this task, however, you need to realize that one wood wax product is different from another.
Wax polishes and protects all types of wood by providing a natural barrier that is absorbed partially into the wood grain to seal the surface and keep away scratches, moisture, and dust.
The best wood wax will give your wooden furniture a high gloss finish that will give it an authentic rich patina that you can’t achieve with a polyurethane topcoat.
Let’s first look at different types of wax available for use.
This is produced by the bees and got from the honeycomb cells. After the honey is extracted, the honeycombs are dipped in hot water to extract the wax which is then used to make polish, creams, and fillers.
This is a product got after the petroleum refining process, microcrystalline that is known for the fineness of its crystal structure. However, paraffin wax is produced using the same process, but it has larger crystals and remains solid even at room temperatures. It’s very easy to apply and highly durable when exposed to water and heat.
This is a vegetable wax produced from the carnauba palm found in Brazil. It helps to reduce excess evaporation from the leaf pores. The wax is found on the leaves which are then processed into a hard rough wax. The best way of getting the best results is to mix it with other waxes like beeswax to give you a great finish.
This is a specially formulated wax that is designed to give you the best overall results of all the waxes. This can be a mixture of different waxes like beeswax and carnauba or turpentine and beeswax, etc. to meet the needs of different industries.
How to apply wax
- Before you apply any wax you need to clean the wood of any dust and debris by rubbing down the surface using a clean cloth. If it’s not cleaned, the dirt will get mixed with the wax and this will ruin the appearance of the finish.
- After the surface is clean, use a cloth to apply the wax sparingly on delicate surfaces. If you lay too much wax, it will create a hazy appearance because of uneven dryness. However, if the surface needs more preparation, use steel wool No. 0000 then use a tack cloth to thoroughly clean the piece of furniture.
- After you’ve applied a thin even coating of the wax, rubbing the wax on the surface with a circular motion. Work on a small area at a time. Some manufacturers recommend that you use a damp cloth to apply the wax. Give it some time for the wax to evaporate and harden. If you’re not sure how long this time is, you can check the time indicated on the product with instructions on the application.
- After the wax has hardened, you can now buff which is best done using a stockinette roll, but for large surfaces, the best way to speed up this process is by using an electric drill with a brush mounted on it. Alternatively, you can use a clean cloth to firmly wipe the waxed surface to remove the excess wax. Once the waxed surface is even, use a clean cloth to polish it to a shine. To give it a complete finish, repeat the same process for one or two more coats of wax. Polish each coat completely before you apply the next coat.
Advantages of waxing
- Very easy to apply and reapply and gives you almost foolproof results
- You can easily remove with solvent
- Creates a barrier that keeps away dust and airborne pollutants
- It’s moderately waterproof so a spill doesn’t sip quickly into the wood
- Easy to rebuff to give it a shine
- Over time wax builds up which can leave your furniture looking dull
- Wax gets damaged by heat leaving white rings on your furniture
- To protect your furniture and retain the look, you need to frequently reapply the wax
Table for the best furniture wax for kitchen table
Check on Amazon
This is a high-quality paste finishing wax that has a very smooth and rich consistency and very easy to apply. You will notice a difference instantly after rubbing it on the surface because it penetrates the wood pores but doesn’t change the natural look of the wood.
This furniture wax allows you to achieve a beautiful sheen on your wooden or hardwood surfaces.
Once you apply it you don’t need to apply a polyurethane coating because the furniture wax protects your wood.
This paste finishing wax has a natural clear color so you need to use it on a stain that is medium-toned or paint. It will highlight the natural grain of your wood to give it a luscious shiny finish which is a perfect balance between glossy and matte and it will maintain the original state of your wooden furniture and other woodwork.
The best thing about this finishing wax is that it dries quickly and leaves a smooth texture behind. To give your furniture the best protection and finish, you should at least apply one layer over a painted surface and two over raw, stain, or oil wood. To maintain the wood’s luster and prevent scratches, you should recoat your wood once a year.
- It dries very fast
- Has a very smooth finish to the touch
- Doesn’t drip when applied
- Perfect for sealing chalk paint projects
- Very easy to apply and maintain
- Don’t use it over white paint
- Has a slight scent
This paste finishing wax has a smooth and rich consistency which makes it very easy to apply which helps you to achieve a beautiful luster on your wooden surfaces.
This is a premium wax that is made of the hardest Brazilian carnauba natural wax that contains orange oil that penetrates the wood grains so you don’t have to keep reapplying. The carnauba wax creates a barrier on the wood surface that prevents water penetration. It enhances the wood grains natural beauty and buffs to give it a gorgeous long-lasting shine. It’s one of the best furniture waxes you can use on antique furniture because it doesn’t contain any chemicals like toluene.
It provides a protective coating on any kind of surface including concrete, marble, and even metal and this helps to keep your furniture safe from water damage and UV rays.
It’s not only good as a furniture wax but also acts as a wood conditioner and you can also use it to buff unfinished wood surfaces. This multi-functional furniture wax is available in 5 shades and its pleasant citrus smell makes it comfortable to use when you’re polishing.
- Easy to apply and dries nicely
- Has a very nice smell
- Great for unfinished wood
- Creates a waterproof barrier
- Can use if on different surfaces
- It’s not food safe
A great multi-use paste wax that will give your wood furniture and surfaces a waterproof and UV shield protection as well as a beautiful long-lasting shine.
This wax is a combination of a solvent-based blend of beeswax and carnauba wax which is ideal for any wooden furniture. You can use it on various wood surfaces that need protection from scratches and stains and also a cover for chalk paint and oil stains. It will give your wood a glossy fine finish.
This multi-purpose furniture wax produces a lustrous patina with no glossy surface shine. You can use it as a finish on new wood or stripped furniture or use it as a reconditioner on damaged or old finishes or furniture wax to restore the lost glow on antiques and fine furniture.
You can easily apply a small amount of wax using a cotton cloth, but it’s advisable not to use a damp cloth to clean the surface after application. This furniture wax will give your furniture a new look and hide the scratches on it and since it’s formulated to provide long-lasting effects, you don’t need to keep reapplying very often. You can also use it to clean and polish the wooden floors in your home.
- Has a blend of both natural and chemical ingredients
- A small amount goes a long way
- You can use it on antique furniture
- Help to prevent stains on your surface finish
- Has a strong odor
- You should apply it in a well-ventilated area
A premium wax that is a blend of beeswax and carnauba wax which is perfect for furniture restoration and reconditioning wood furniture. It helps to prevent oils from harming the surface finish and reduces scratches.
This all-natural lavender and sweet citrus oil beeswax furniture polish will help protect and nourish your new furniture, woodwork, and antique furniture. It’s all-natural and chemical-free and very easy to apply, you only need a small amount on a clean cloth to apply it on a dry area then wait for a while for it to dry. This beeswax is non-toxic so it’s safe around your kids. It adds a protective layer that protects your furniture from external elements like dust and penetrates the wood pores to nourish and keep your wood healthy.
It has a great blend of beeswax and carnauba wax which is great for any kind of wood and it also includes essential oils to provide a pleasant natural scent that you will love in your home. It’s chemical-free so you don’t have to worry about applying it to your kitchen furniture. This furniture polish contains olive oil which helps to moisturize your hands so they won’t dry out or develop rashes. It works fast so you will feel the difference in its texture after a few minutes of rubbing it on the furniture.
- It has a great smell
- Gives your furniture a wonderful shine and a healthy look
- It has a chemical-free formula
- Its food safe
- Great on unfinished wood
- Available in small quantities
A great all-natural beeswax furniture polish that will rejuvenate your wood to give it a nice coating while keeping it looking healthy. It’s non-toxic so it’s safe around your kids and on your kitchen furniture.
The formulation in this paste wax has a high content of carnauba which makes it perfect for achieving a high-level rich, durable, and glossy shine no matter the shade of paint, stain, or oil on your wood furniture. You can safely use this wax other different surfaces like leather, marble, or tile that needs protection from dirt and water. The carnauba in this wax makes it perfect for use as a durable floor wax that will leave a clear finish on any surface even white paint without changing the original color during the application or causing yellowing with time. You can use it on your chalk paint projects to achieve a crystal clear finish. It’s very quick to dry.
- It builds a quality and durable shine finish
- It’s easy to apply and dries quickly
- Safe to use on white paint
- Gives a clear finish
- Produces fumes when applying
- Not food safe
Furniture wax that contains loads of carnauba wax that leaves your furniture with a durable, rich, and glossy shine and doesn’t alter the original color of your furniture.
It’s not easy protecting your wood furniture from dirt, water, and scratches, but the regular use of the best furniture wax for kitchen table you can keep your furniture looking as good as new. However, you must choose quality wood waxes like Minwax 785004444 paste finishing wax which is a high-quality furniture wax that penetrates the wood pores without altering the look of the wood to ensure the best results.