Apexdesk vs Uplift! Standing desks are all the craze right now. The more people understand what’s good for their body, the quicker they want to make changes to make that happen. There are accumulated studies that show sitting all day long is harmful to one’s health in more than one. It is not only about getting home exhausted and with aches and pain. It goes into our bodily functions and affecting our bodies even long after we’ve retired desk work.
It is these studies that gave rise to companies that make adjustable desks. It allows one to work while standing, but also getting to sit when the body requests for a break. In this article, we are going to look at two companies that took to task creating adjustable desks: Apexdesk vs Uplift. We’ll look at who they are and also top-rated standing desks they have. Let’s begin.
Apexdesk vs Uplift which is the better standing desk?
As per the website, ApexDesk started with the vision of creating ergonomic desk solutions that are affordable for everyone. For them, it was about having products that both adults and kids can enjoy and use to their full use. With that in mind, they thought to make standing desks that can accommodate the whole family- you only need to purchase one desk for the entire family to use.
The people behind the brand are computer geeks who spent too much time in front of a computer. The reality was, as science shows, sitting for many hours and subsequently, years takes a toll on the body and the health. For them, it was a catch 22; they were aware that sitting for that many hours was harming them, but there were bills to get paid. The question then became whether there was another way to work efficiently.
The founders ofApexDesk then chose to look for adjustable desks that would allow them to sit and stand while still working throughout the day. They soon found out that what was in the market at the time was quite pricey. After patting into their networks, they partnered with Danish designers to make affordable ergonomic desks that they and others could use. When that worked out, it paved the way for a lot of companies to jump on board, as well as those working from home.
Having understood the science that was behind sitting all day, it made sense to create a desk that allows movement throughout the day as it makes a difference in your health in the long term.ApexDesk founders did not stop at making one adjustable desk. They became a company that also makes desk converters, kids’ furniture, office chairs, and other desk accessories. Overall, the champion ways to keep you healthy and working.
ApexDesk Elite Standing Desk
Now, let’s turn to one of the best-selling standing desks from ApexDesk. For starters, it is a full electric standing chair that is popular for its broad width but also low price. What’s impressive about it that has people getting their own is that the Elite series holds 60” and 71” width while there are companies that offer a lot smaller desks of 48”. With a desk from the Elite series, you can get a standing desk that holds multiple monitors and giving you a wide workspace.
Depending on what you go for, there’s even enough space for a printer, speakers, and other equipment you may require to have a productive time at your workstation without moving. Even with these accommodations, you’re assured that the desk is stable. That is equally thanks to the fact that larger width tables tend to be heavier, which means more stability. Additionally, the desk is thicker than the average standing desk.
Features that make this desk a favorite for many include the soft start and stop motion the desk takes when you transition from sitting to standing and vice versa. That’s particularly important when you’re using monitor arms and also have more than a few things on the desk. One thing you won’t have to suffer is the things on the desk vibrating when your desk reaches your desired length.
As for the control unit, the ApexDesks in the Elite models have four memory settings. That makes it ideal for people sharing a work station. That’s mainly for people working from home where each person can set their sitting and standing height settings and revert to them when required. There’s also a digital height display to let you know what length the desk is at.
It’s worth noting that the 71” desk accommodates people on the higher side of the tallness spectrum. You’ll notice that if you’re on the shorter side and you’re seated, you may have to raise your chair. Also, the desk accommodates slightly less weight at about 225lbs than other similar-sized desks on the market. You will get the essentials that you need on the desk unless you’re looking to crowd your workspace with equipment.
- RATED BEST OVERALL DESK BY CNN UNDERSCORED – Highly rated and reviewed, the Elite Series ApexDesk has a strong and durable MDF wood top that includes a smooth matte finish, making it easy to maintain and last for years to come. Its bevelled edges and ergonomic cutout give the desk a sophisticated and streamlined look that will stand out in any room or office.
- ELECTRIC HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE LIFTY SYSTEM – With a fast speed of 1.5” per second, this quick and quiet dual-motor lift system allows desk to move anywhere between 29” to 49” tall. The frame has a gloss color finish uses color code RAL 9004 (Signal Black).
- STURDY STEEL CONSTRUCTION – The one-piece industrial-grade steel frame combined with a solid desktop enables the desk to support up to 225 lbs. to accommodate your ideal workspace setup. The unique structural design enables most users to complete installation in less than 60 minutes.
- LED MEMORY CONTROL – Features an elegant 6-button programmable controller with 4 customizable memory presets for multiple desired desk heights. Convenient for switching from sitting to standing throughout the day with ease.
- DIMENSIONS AND ASSEMBLY – Measuring 71” x 33” x 1” the contoured desktop provides ample room for a variety of office tasks. The narrowest mid-section measures 29” deep, caving in to allow users to sit closer to office essentials. This desk is packaged in 2 boxes. Multiple piece shipments sometimes arrive 1-2 days apart.
READ NEXT: Standing Desk Height for a 6-Foot Person
Just as withApexDesk, Uplift started when they couldn’t find a suitable adjustable standing desk in the market. Uplift has since been making them since 2002. The venture paid off. Uplift standing desks have worn awards and rated number one in several publications, including Forbes, Wirecutter, and others. Uplift didn’t stop at standing desks only. The company also dabbles in making ergonomic chairs and stools and other office furniture accessories.
Thus far, it appears that Uplift has stuck to its mission to make everyone healthy and productive at the same time. The brand ensures that they make unique furniture that people can adapt based on their needs and style. If you want to create the ideal workstation for yourself or the company you work for, you can rely on their team of experts to make that happen. There’s an industry-leading warranty that is there to back up every product they produce. That said, as you make your dreams come to reality, you have a team that is there to back you up every step of the way.
As per their website, Uplift core values are keeping you healthy and productive, delivering quality products fast and free, and also providing excellent customer service. These values are backed up by the founder, Jon Paulsen, who is a mechanical engineer and Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE). In everything produced, you’re assured that there’s someone who knows what he’s doing to provide ideal solutions.
Based on what the company makes, you can bring your ideal office to life. That’s because Uplift has gone a step further to ensure that they give you any desk accessory that you can think of to bring your vision on life. You can ask for design services to get your office solutions to life. The company also provides resources for their clients and others to use. These are aimed at ensuring that you make the most out of the ergonomic products that you purchase from them.
- Spacious Work Area:The large work surface measuring 48” x 30” is environmentally sourced and provides ample space for a variety of monitor or laptop setups, plus room for ongoing projects and office supplies. Please allow slight 0-1 inch difference due to manual measurement.
- Electric Height Adjustable Lift System:The motor lift mechanism offers smoother height adjustments, from 28" to 47.6"（without 1” thickness of table top included), at a speed of 1"/second with low noise(under 50 dB) while running.
- Solid Construction:An industrial-grade steel frame combined with a solid desktop allows for a 154 lbs weight capacity to support your ideal workspace setup.
- Built For Work From Home:The perfect standing desk to allow independent and remote workers to stay active, healthy, and productive while working from home. Precisely adjust your desk to your height and insert healthy movement into your day.
- Please Note：The product will be shipped in two separate packages which may be delivered separately from each other. Some steps may require a drill, which is not included.
Uplift V2 Commercial Standing Desk
If your company is looking to have a standing desk compliant with ANSI/BIFMA height and durability, then this is one desk you can consider purchasing. It has been dabbed by Forbes and Wirecutter, the “Best Standing Desk.” It also does have a lower height minimum, making it ideal for a broader range of people. The desk provides strength, reliability, and speed that employees, and anyone for that matter, need to remain productive.
The V2 has a frame that’s been reinforced with stability crossbars and also has more massive legs to fulfil the same purpose. Together, these aspects allow for additional adjustability and also accommodates a lower height. The control features in place increase convenience, and they also have a mounting point system that they’ve applied for a patent for. There is even an anti-collision sensor that stops the desk when it bumps into something while adjusting.
As per the company, this is the most adjustable standing desk in the market today. There is equally the option of choosing from quite a range of styles that meet your office needs. That’s the case with the desktops; you can get virtually what you want that suits the theme of your office and general style. There are also a variety of materials of desktops that you can choose from, including laminate, bamboo, powder-coated MDF, and solid wood.
It’s not just the material that you’re spoilt for choice. You can also select a design that best appeals to you. That includes curved front edges, grain patters, and much more that make your workspace more comfortable and a convenient space to work in. Whatever you settle for, there’s the peace of mind that they’ve been made from materials that reduce the environmental impact.
Conclusion on apexdesk vs uplift
Apexdesk vs uplift, both desks hold their merits in the market. What you settle for has to do with your preference. They do vary in their ergonomic and design aspects, but both ApexDesk and Uplift products have one thing in common; they are there to enhance both your health and productivity.