The fun part about Summer aside from the beautiful weather and relaxation- has got to be the food! Kebabs, sausages, steaks, chicken, burgers, or even vegetables, toast breads, are delicious food you enjoy in summer with any of these outdoor grills.
Finding the best Grill that fits your lifestyle can be a challenging task! This is why we conducted extensive research to bring you the best outdoor grills.
Having reviewed and evaluated over 100 products, we selected the Weber Genesis II E-335 Propane Grill as our top choice for outdoor grill.
Some of the factors that influenced our decisions were minimal smoking and flare-up, proper heating, fuel choice, and maintenance. We also consider factors like the material of the grill, storage cabinets, side tables, side burners and more.
The 7 Best Outdoor Grills in 2020.
Check on Amazon
59 x 29 x 47
24.6 x 52.5 x 47.5
52 x 26 x 57
24.1 x 51.2 x 43.5
39.5 x 22.5 x 27
30.2 x 19.2 x 16.1
24.6 x 20.5 x 40.9
The Major Types of Out Door Grills
When buying a new outdoor grill, there are several factors to consider, one of which is the type of grill. The Charcoal and gas grill are the most common types.
There are also other types such as the electric, wood-fire, portable and ceramic Grills. Here are things you should know about each types of grill.
Gas Grills Are the most popular Outdoor grill. The gas grills are able to operate on natural gas or liquid propane. A high percentage of Gas outdoor grills are modelled to run on propane. However, it can be easily converted to run on natural gas.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Quick to heat up and reach optimal temperatures.
- Efficient gas consumption.
- Ability to control cooking temperature.
- Taste: Gas grill doesn’t add any extra flavour to the food as compared to the charcoal outdoor grill.
Charcoal Grills use lump or briquettes charcoal as a source of ignite and fuel. This type of outdoor grills are mostly suitable for individuals have a time to spare to dabble around the charcoal system.
Getting your hands dirty with the coal process as its own rewards such as an outstanding, classical, smoky flavour BBQ meal. With the charcoal outdoor grills, you can be guaranteed of distinct quality aroma that no other type of outdoor grills can provide.
- Taste: The tender and smoky flavour you achieve with charcoal grills can’t be gotten with the electric or gas grills.
- Control: You have better control when cooking with Charcoal grills. For instance, if your steak is cooking too fast! A quick fit will be to reposition the steak to a cooler part on the grill.
- Grilling with coal can be expensive and more labour intensive compared to the gas or electric grill.
Electric Grills: operating these types of grills is very straightforward and super easy. All you need to do is to plug in and your BBQ grilling starts. The electric grill can also serve as an indoor grill, perfect for individuals living in apartment complexes.
- Safety: with the electric grills, there is no need to worry about fire accidents or gas leaks.
- Usage: Electric grills can serve as both indoor or outdoor grills.
- Maintenance: The electric grill plates are easy to clean and maintain.
- Limited heating temperature.
- When compared to charcoal or gas grills, electric grills can’t offer the smoky and unique BBQ flavour.
Portable Grills can operate on either charcoal or propane gas. These grills are lightweight, durable and easy to transport from one place to another.
- They are less expensive.
- The size wouldn’t allow you to grill for a large number of people.
7 Best Outdoor Grills in 2020.
When it comes to outdoor grills, the weber Genesis II E-335 gas grill was our all-time Favorite. During our test and researches for the best outdoor grills, this gas grill was a high-performance grilling system.
We identified varieties of incredible and unique features that we didn’t find in just one grilling appliance other than this one.
First, the stear station creates an intense heat area to quickly add sear marks on the meat and smoky flavour. The dependable stear station makes this machine a top choice.
Also, we loved the additional extras such as the lighted control knobs which comes handy when the sun goes down, the cast-iron cooking grates and porcelain-enameled which provides superior heat retention.
This grill also comes with a gauge to indicate how much gas is left and side burner to sauté vegetables or slimmer BBQ sauce. This grill is a new and improved version with main burners BTU-39,000 and side burner 12,000 BTU.
The Genesis II E-335 is backed by a 10years warranty, 100% weber guarantee on all parts of the grill.
- This product is a Liquid Propane unit
- Equipped with the powerful Gs4 high performance grilling system
- Use the side burner to Simmer BBQ sauce or sauté veggies; Infinite control burner valves
- Sear station creates an intense heat zone to quickly add sear marks on meat
- Dimensions: Lid Open 62"H x 59"W x 31"D || Lid Closed 47"H x 59"W x 29"D || Primary cooking area 513 square inches || Tuck-Away warming rack area 156 square inches || Total cooking area 669 square inches
With the other types of outdoor grills, you have to decide between the distinct flavour of charcoals or the ease gas grills provides.
However, with Char-Broil Gas2Coal Hybrid grill you enjoy the best of both worlds as it can be used as either a charcoal or gas BBQ. You can easily switch between the two fuel options (gas or coal).
It has an electronic igniter that allows you to light up your grill at the push of a button. To cook with the gas option just ignite the three gas powered burners.
If you are in the mood for some coal smoky flavour, just add some coal into the charcoal tray and fire up the gas burner to light up the coal. The gas heats up the charcoal quickly in about 15minutes and let you grill your BBQ meat on the charcoal heat.
Other helpful extras include side-burners which can be used to warmup complementary sauces for your grills. The grill comes with warming racks for keeping grilled food such as burger buns or baguettes warm.
We also loved the Lid-mounted temperature gauge which helps to monitor the grill’s inside temperature. If you’re having a hard time picking between the charcoal or gas outdoor grill, this flexible BBQ grill is worth checking out!.
- Quickly and easily converts from a gas grill to charcoal grill without tools.
- Enjoy the speed and convenience of grilling with gas. Get the signature flavors of cooking over charcoal. Do both on one grill.
- Durable stainless steel burners provide longevity and porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates are easy to clean.
- 40,000-BTU's spread across three main burners and one 12,000-BTU side burner.
- 540 square inch total cooking area- 420 square inch primary cooking area and 120 square inch warming rack.
The Weber spirit II E-310 gas outdoor grill was first released in January 2018. Let’s get started with this grill, it features a hefty three burner stainless steel grill design.
The grill comes with a GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition. When testing, this grill produced the best juicy, evenly cooked and gorgeously seared hamburgers.
The BBQ chicken also came out tender, grated, moist and golden brown. The grilling surface on this grill is sufficient to grill a full meal such as fish, vegetables or meat.
Some of the things we loved about this grill includes; porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars which is configured to reduce flare-up and capture drippings.
The high quality burners that allows the grill surface to heat evenly. A grease management system that utilizes a special channel funnel grease for quick, efficient and easy cleaning. A fuel gauge which allows you to know how much gas is in the fuel tank.
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
This 3-burner gas grill is an outstanding option for individuals who love to have a delicious BBQ experience. Surprisingly, this grill doesn’t cost an arm and a leg as its quite affordable.
The Char-Broil gas grill features a 360 sq.inch. primary cooking spaces to accommodate large meals the whole family can enjoy. The cooking spaces accommodates about 15 burgers.
The firebox and grill lid are designed with porcelain-coated steel which enables increased capability and durability of standing up to hard weather conditions.
The Char-boil outdoor grill also features two 6-inches wheels for increased mobility and flexibility to move it out of the way while using your outdoor balcony or deck.
The Piezo ignition system present in this gas grill provides a reliable and quick burner ignition with just the push of a button.
On the inside, this outdoor grill has 3-stainless steel inline burners that delivers a solid cooking performance and also very durable.
The features we loved most about this outdoor grill includes; the side burners which helps to warm up side dishes and complementary sauces. The temperature gauge that helps keep track of the pre-heat status of the grill. Lastly, the stainless-steel burners which are highly durable and they are designed to last long.
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates. Convectional cooking system
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Three stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves measure 12-inches w x 13-inches l providing extra storage and prep space
When charcoal grilling, it’s highly important to have an adjustable grill like the Weber kettle. This outdoor grill allows you to control the temperature with vents at the top of the lid and one at the bottom of the bowl.
The weber kettle charcoal grill is highly loved by consumers with over 1000 positive feedbacks on amazon. It’s super easy to use when compared to other charcoal grills.
It’s easy to fill up with charcoal and there is lots of room to produce different temperature zones. The Weber kettle can hold up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press.
What we loved most about the weber kettle are the convenience features. First, the one-touch cleaning system with high capacity ash catcher which allows hassle-free ash clean-up. The cooking grate for easy adding of charcoal while grilling. Lastly, the price is reasonable ($179)!
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press; Built-in lid thermometer. Rust-resistant aluminum dampers
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
- Cooking grate is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling
For your outdoor event or road trips we recommend the Coleman portable grill.
The structural design of this grill allows it to be easily transported for outdoor events with it off-road wheel and collapside legs. It’s one of the most durable and reliable grills on the market.
The Coleman portable grill is built for uttermost stability, the cooktops can be switched out to offer variety of grilling surface option, 285in2 of cooking surface area, 2 adjustable burners, Instant ignition button for matchless lighting, side tables added, 11000 BTUs, easy to clean and maintain.
The temperature on this grill can be easily controlled, even for creating different temperature zone. The Coleman grill comes fully assembled so you can start your grilling straightaway. However, be sure to purchase a 1-pound propane cylinder which is sold separately.
- Up to 20,000 BTUs of grilling power and 285 sq. in. of cooking area
- Now with 3 independently adjustable burners for enhanced temperature control
- Assembled Dimensions: 45.6” D x 19.5” W x 35” H | Weight: 52.58 lb
- 2 durable side tables for resting utensils and sauces; integrated thermometer for accurate temperature monitoring
- InstaStart ignition for push-button, matchless lighting
The Weber Q1200 propane grill is an highly reliable and a compatible fit for any RV or camper. The design of the table-top makes it easy to grill instantly and anywhere.
The short legs on this portable grill provides utmost stability on any outdoor or camping table. The removable catch pan and fitted grease tray prevents the sauce drips and grease from falling ono your table.
It has an easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings.
Best things about it? Includes; the cast iron cooking grate and the strong steel burner that enable excellent grilling. Two side tables which provides lots of space for serving or organisation. The body and lid are manufactured with quality cast aluminum to provide high heat retention. It’s covered by a 5 years warranty.
- One Stainless Steel Burner Produces 8500 BTU-Per-Hour To Heat 189 Square-Inch Total Cooking Area
- Porcelain-Enameled Cast-Iron Cooking Grates And Cast Aluminum Lid And Body
- Built-in lid thermometer, folding side tables, glass-reinforced nylon frame and removable catch pan
- Dimensions - lid closed and tables out (inches): 15.5 H x 40.9 W x 16.5 D. Easy-Start Electronic Ignition And Infinite Control Burner Valve Settings
- Uses Disposable 14.1 Or 16.4 oz LP Cylinder (Sold Separately) and fully Assembled Out Of Box