Bacteria reproduce in three ways through binary fusion where you get two daughter cells that are identical to the parent cell; they can also exchange their DNA via conjugation, transduction, or transformation. So when the mentioned daughter cells are exposed to the environment that favors their growth such as a favorable temperature and nutrients some types of bacteria will multiply after every 20 minutes.
The above, therefore, means that in only 7 hours if the bacterium was on your kitchen surface then you will be exposed to about 2 million bacteria. However, not all organism reproduce fast as there are some like the Mycobacterium tuberculosis that generates between 12 and 16 hours. Coronavirus (SARS-COV-2) on the other hand, has been established to spread fast from contaminated surfaces and from person to person who are in close contact.
Important to note is that coronavirus transmission rarely occurs through objects or materials but the respiratory droplets but it will, however; remain active for hours to days on surfaces. And that is why you need the best disinfectant spray to use after cleaning visibly dirty surfaces.
Comparison of Table
Call to Action
Sanitizer, Disinfectant, Virucide, Fungicide, Slimicide, Algaecide, Tuberclocide, and Deodorant
Hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, schools and restaurants
Carpets, floor, and furniture, pet bedding, upholstery
Floors, walls, ceiling
Pre-cleaned hard surfaces, bathtubs, urinals, toilets, seats, benches, furniture, shower stalls, and counters
The best disinfectant spray review
Performacide is a powerful disinfectant that can be used on many applications such as veterinary hospitals, laboratories, first responder facilities, and diagnostic centers and equipment.
The disinfectant has been formulated to eliminate viruses, mold, fungi, mildew, bacteria, and algae. Its formulation is safe as it does not leave behind any form of harmful residue and can thus be used on hard surfaces without necessarily rinsing or wiping.
So to benefit from performacide’s disinfectant formulation, you can either sponge, mop, or spray and allow it to air dry, thus reduce the risk of spreading the bacteria and viruses.
- Can be adopted for use by daycare centers and schools.
- Can be used in cafeterias and kitchens.
- Can be sprayed directly on surfaces and allowed to air dry.
- Kills a wide variety of bacteria.
- Has a short life span of 15 days.
- Not good for people who are sensitive to chemicals.
The only major flaw with performacide is that it might be sensitive for people who are allergic to fragrances, but generally, it is a good disinfectant and can be adopted in many different settings.
- Disinfectant, sanitizer, tuberculocide, virucide, fungicide, algaecide, slimicide and deodorizer
- EPA Reg. No. 87508-3 REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL USE SITES INCLUDE; Barber Shops, Buses and Automobiles,...
- GREAT FOR EMERGENCIES - Comes in pre-measured pouches that can be stored for years longer than...
- Gallon Kit contains three 5.0 gram ClO2 generating pouches, 1 gallon mixing and storing bottle with...
- Made with pride in the USA
READ NEXT: Discover the best Outdoor Grills of 2020
The Residential disinfectant combo kit is exactly suitable for use in residential areas; its packaging contains one 1 reusable bottle and 6 water dissolvable disinfectant packets. The disinfectant has obliterated the use of phosphate in its manufacture, but can effectively clean, disinfect and deodorize surfaces made of various materials in hospitals, schools, hotels, and restaurants.
Apart from getting rid of the micro-organisms that cause bad odor, the disinfectant spray deodorizes the areas that prove difficult to maintain fresh smell, such as the empty garbage bins and cans, including the toilet bowls. The disinfectant formulation has been established to maintain the gloss finishes of surfaces even with repeated use.
- Can be used in hotels, schools, and hospitals
- Comes with 6 disinfectant packets
- Does not use Phosphate
- Disinfects porous surfaces
- Not good for critical or semi-critical medical surfaces
If you have been experiencing bad odor emanating from either your toilet or the dust bin then the residential disinfectant combo kit will obliterate the micro-organisms that cause the bad smell.
- Kills 99.9% of Germs
- Contains 1 reusable bottle
- Contains 6 water dissolvable disinfectant packets
- Each packet dilutes to 32oz of Disinfectant
- Kills SARS-Related Coronavirus 2, the virus that causes COVID-19 on hard non-porous surfaces
So we all know how pets can be messy and how they can easily transfer germs from outside to the furniture, surfaces, or carpets. Clorox is a versatile disinfectant that works on removing stains, eliminates bad odor, and kills germs at the same time. The disinfectant will help you kill pet urine feces, drool, and vomit thus discourage the spread of germs to furniture clothing or the pet’s bedding.
The formulation of the pet solution disinfectant has obliterated the use of fragrance and bleach and the spray bottle packaging is effective for targeting the affected areas.
- Helps remove tough stains and bad odor
- Does not bleach the surfaces or clothes
- Helps in the elimination of germs caused by pets
- The formulation is fragrance-free thus can be used by sensitive individuals
- Users complain of receiving defective bottles
Pets can be real trouble makers apart from spreading germs around the home, if not well trained they will pee and soil the house thus encourage the growth and spread of germs. So for the pet owners who want to maintain high hygienic standards with low effort, the Clorox pet solution stain and odor remover will maintain freshness all over your home.
- Stain and odor Remover: tough on unsightly stains and unpleasant odors, The fast penetrating formula...
- Safe cleaning: bleach-free and fragrance-free formula is great to clean surfaces such as flooring,...
- Convenient spray: convenient spray bottle is designed to easily target stains and odors including...
- Trusted clean: safe to use around your furry friends, while tackling the toughest stains and odors...
- Discourages re-soiling: effectively eliminates and destroys any lingering odors of urine and...
A CPAP machine is used by individuals who suffer from sleep apnea, CPAP stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. They thus use it every night when they go to sleep as it helps them breathe more easily and this it does by increasing air pressure in the throat, to prevent the airway from collapsing when a person inhales.
And in case you didn’t know bacteria have been established to hide on the CPAP machines and proceed to cause sinus infections among other lung conditions. So to avoid the above you can use the clean smart disinfectant as it helps get rid of viruses, germs, mold, and fungus.
The formulation of the disinfectant has obliterated the use of chemicals and can, therefore, be used on the baby’s pacifier without necessarily rinsing.
- No need to rinse after spraying on a baby’s pacifier
- Does not utilize any harsh chemicals or fumes
- kills up to 99.9% of germs, bacteria, viruses, and fungus
- No chemicals used
- The disinfectant has an odor
It is very easy to assume that your CPAP machine doesn’t get to attract germs and disease-causing micro-organisms until you develop other complications like sinuses or lung conditions. So to avoid developing other illnesses because of using the CPAP machine just use the clean smart CPAP disinfectant.
- KILLS 99.9% GERMS ON CPAPS and BiPAPs; approved for mask, tubing, reservoir and humidifier
- GERM FREE; SOAP WON'T KILL GERMS, CleanSmart will; Sanitize hidden bacteria that can cause illness
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS OR FUMES; Ozone free; Leaves no residue or film behind and no rinsing
- FAST AND EASY, SIMPLY SPRAY and let the parts air dry; No expensive equipment needed
- Use CleanSmart CPAP Wipes (sold separately) to remove dirt and grime; then spray to disinfect and...
Mediclean disinfectant spray has been formulated for use on floors, walls, and ceiling that have been affected by sewage backups, smoke, floods, and fire. The disinfectant can also be used on carpets as a deodorizing agent or a bacteriostatic fungistat. The formulation is EPA registered and doesn’t require any mixing as it is ready for use.
- Best for mold, mildew, and micro-organisms
- Helps obliterate odor-causing bacteria
- Helps in decontamination after floods
- The formulation is ready for use doesn’t require mixing
- The price is on the higher side
Mediclean is a handy disinfectant spray to help protect your household from the after-effects of floods, smoke, fire and sewage backups, the disinfectant spray helps get rid of mold and mildew and also kills organisms known to cause bad odor.
- NOTE: NOT LEGAL FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA
- An effective mildewcide fungicide and bactericide it inhibits the spread of fungi and odor-causing...
- Apply to floors walls ceilings that have been damaged by smoke fire floods and sewage backups
- Use as a bacteriostatic fungistat and deodorizing agent on carpeting
- EPA Registered - E P A Reg No 70385-5 Ready to use – no mixing
Many people use normal detergent soap to clean the toilets, toilet seats, bathrooms, and urinals, and as much as they will remove the physical dirt, the germs will still be left behind and that is why you need a disinfectant. Big D pheno disinfectant will, therefore, kill all the germs present in the washroom, and on the hard surfaces.
It has also been proven effective to counter the virus that causes influenza, which tends to attack the lungs, throat, and nose. The viruses are believed to spread when people sneeze, cough, or talk leaving droplets in the air that are contaminated by the virus.
Another significant benefit of the Big Pheno disinfectant is its ability to eliminate the viruses that cause H1N1. Just so you know humans have no natural protection or immunity against the influenza A virus, so when they come into contact with it they are likely to become ill.
So when you use the Big Pheno disinfectant on surfaces you rid it of the influenza virus, in that even if people touch their eyes, nose, or mouth there are minimal chances of getting infected.
- Has many applications
- Helps prevent against H1N1 and the Influenza virus
- The disinfectant spray bottle is easy to use on the specific areas
- Has a nice fragrance
- Doesn’t come with instructions
For the elimination of viruses in the most critical areas of your home, that is your washrooms and other critical surfaces, Pheno D comes highly recommended for the elimination of germs and viruses.
No products found.
The disinfectant spray hand-cleaning has been formulated to get rid of viruses in places that many people assume are germ-free. For example, smartphones, which have now become a great company for people who have a long engagement in the toilet. So, while your phone will keep your company in the toilet it is one of the gadgets that will retain viruses and germs and fail to get cleaned.
The car steering wheel also needs disinfecting right after cleaning, because the latter only gets rid of the physical dirt but the germs and harmful viruses might remain. You can also use the disinfectant spray hand-cleaning to disinfect the elevator buttons, the door handles especially the ones leading to a public washroom or a hotel and restaurant.
- Has many applications.
- Can also be used on the hands.
- Minimizes the spread of harmful viruses.
Many disease-causing viruses are picked from the rarest of places, to which end it is important to keep every surface clean, be it your car steering wheel, the door handles, or even your phone.
- Plant-Based, Biodegradable Cleaning Ingredients: Formulated with powerful natural cleaning agents...
- Powerful Clean, Naturally: Our All Purpose Cleaner combines plant-based power and peace of mind,...
- Spray on Any Mess, Anywhere: Toilets, countertops, appliances, upholstery, baseboards, walls,...
- Worry-Free Wiping: No added dyes, synthetic fragrances, or harsh, hard-to-pronounce cleaning agents!...
- Cruelty Free: BETTER LIFE is a Leaping Bunny certified company that never tests on animals.
The best ways to clean and disinfect
There are different types of surfaces and each of them calls for a unique cleaning method that will ensure germs, viruses, and micro-organisms have been killed. So when you are dealing with the hard surfaces, especially now that the coronavirus is so rampant, you need to first wear disposable gloves. If the surfaces had any type of physical dirt they should be removed with detergent and soap first before disinfecting.
During disinfecting ensure to use EPA registered household disinfectants, household bleach are also effective in killing germs and viruses and can be diluted and be used on hard surfaces. For the soft surfaces, you will have to use the appropriate cleaners that have been recommended by the manufacturers and this goes for things like rugs and drapes.
Factors to consider when choosing disinfectants
Ensure that the disinfectant that you choose is effective in killing the microbes and pathogens that have proved to be a menace either in the home or facility. So how fast does the disinfectant work, do you have to wipe it off, or does it leave harmful reside and does the surface need to stay wet for the disinfectant to be effective.
Also, ensure that the product that you are using is safe for you in case you inhale and does not damage the surfaces that you work on.
Lastly, the disinfectant should be easy to use, first it has to come with directions for use and should apply to your home or facility.
Check out our other articles such as the best furniture wax for kitchen table